Happy New Year! I thought you might enjoy this article, which was posted originally over on my coaching website, AnnDaly.com. (If you didn’t know, I have loads of coaching advice for women over there: AnnDaly.com.)
The new year isn’t only about improving ourselves. It’s about improving the world. (After all, remember, a rising tide lifts all boats.) There are so many little, everyday ways that we can each help to level the playing field for women and girls. Here are just a few of them:
1. Stop commenting on how women and girls look. Start commenting on their skills, knowledge, and contributions.
2. Donate to the campaign of a woman running for public office.
3. On social media: Share positive images and stories of all kinds of accomplished women and girls.
4. Ask a girl: What are your favorite things to do?
5. Patronize woman-owned-businesses.
6. Stand up for your own worth.
7. Donate your unused work clothes to Dress for Success.
8. Tell a colleague why you admire her.
9. Ask an elderly woman: What are your favorite things to do?
10. Question all cultural assumptions about what “Woman” is. Be the woman you want to be.
Tell me! What would you add to the list?