In the dead of winter, it’s a little tougher than normal to get psyched about long-term career strategy. Which makes it the perfect time to give your brand an extra burnish this month. You’ll outshine the competition, for sure.
Five simple things:
- Schedule a check-in lunch with your most important connections (not necessarily your immediate supervisors or co-workers.) Let them know what you’re up to.
- Update your victory file. Link. What did you achieve in January? Get it documented now, before you forget. (Here’s a victory file template.)
- Revisit your brand statement. (You have one, right? If not, start here.) Does it need to be tweaked, enhanced, or revamped?
- Speak up. Double down on your presence at meetings. Sit by the facilitator. Make sure to ask questions as well as making statements.
- Don’t be shy about sharing your success stories. No need to brag. Just share your “lessons learned” in a way that’s helpful, not boastful.
(Am I the right career coach for you? Email me to find out.)