I’m often asked the difference between coaching and therapy. It’s an important question, one that I keep front and center in my coaching practice. Before taking on a new client, I want to make sure that I can successfully address my client’s needs and help her meet her goals.
Career coaching helps women develop the five key career accelerator skills. Executive coaching helps successful women move their managerial and leadership skills to the next level.
Is coaching or therapy better suited to your situation? If you answer “yes” to these questions, then you’re more likely to respond better to therapy than to coaching:
- You want to analyze the root causes of emotional distress.
- You want to change emotions in the long run.
- You seek relief from psychological pain.
- You want to understand your past.
- You seek emotional healing.
(Am I the right career coach or executive coach for you?
Email me to find out.)